Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 40 cookies
● ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
● ¼ cup Nirvana Xylitol™
● 2 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
● 1 egg
● 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
● 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons spelt flour or wholemeal pastry flour
● ½ teaspoon baking soda
● ¼ teaspoon salt
● 115g dark chocolate bar, chopped
In large bowl, cream butter with Nirvana Xylitol™ until fluffy. Gradually add
applesauce during creaming process. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually stir flour mixture
into batter, and fold in chocolate.
Drop ½ tablespoon of dough for each cookie onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
Bake at 175˚C for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
Cookies are soft when taken from the oven, but become more firm when stored